We take your safety very seriously here at St John’s. On this page you will find all the information you should need regarding our safeguarding policies and procedures including links to various documents and relevant contact information.
Here is some general advice on safeguarding that you should read:
- Remember, you may be in just the right place at just the right time to help protect someone or to prevent harm
- Your role is not to investigate
- Always put the welfare of the child, young person or adult first – when deciding what to do
- Listen carefully; make a clear record of what you are concerned about and what you have seen or heard; date and time this record
- If in doubt, share the information you have with someone who has a safeguarding role and who you trust
- If you continue to have concerns keep raising them; speak to someone else such as the diocesan safeguarding team.
We have two Parish Safeguarding Links who you should contact with any safeguarding concerns (including those about clergy, church staff, or volunteers):
Claire Warsop carries out Safeguarding administrative tasks at St John’s, including Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checks. Please contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any urgent and/or immediate concerns
If you have an urgent concern and an immediate response is required, you should also directly contact the relevant service below: